new

Monday, May 19, 2008

Pretty in Pink


So I (Nikki) went to the store to buy a little silkie (anyone know where I can find a plain one without a teddy head attached?)- and though I was unsuccessful at this, I happened upon something I couldn't pass up. Yes, it was a hot pink tutu. for my daughter who can't walk, much less dance. But I didn't care- it would make for superb pics. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought elastic, pink ribbon, and a big ole' pink flower, and made her headpiece. here is our first attempt at our homemade photo shoot in the entryway. (yes, we are very much in grad school...). We took at least 30 pics, most of which have been posted to our smugmug.


Here is my attempt at artsy. What do you think?

Saturday Eleanor had her first playdate with Chloe (born 8 days after her). We had a great picnic with our friends Elisabeth (my friend from work) and Cory.



On Mother's Day we went to Babie's 'R Us to pick up a few things before we left town and were offered free portraits of Elle if we agreed to let a trainee "practice" on her. (We are sure this is because she was the prettiest baby to enter the store that day...). After a heated "discussion" about the pros and cons (J: She's sleeping, I don't think she'll do well; I want to go home, N: we never do anything fun), I won and we gave it a go. She was perfect.

5 comments:

Summers said...

Oh ma'am...the creative juices are just a flowin! When your page loaded I started to grin from ear to ear. Love the motion pic...very nice! The composition in the first pic on the page is a little better though..not so "in the middle".
(sorry, its the art teacher in me)
And I love the argument to win over J..who doesn't want to be or do things that are fun?! Very well played. And what a payoff?! Very cute portrait. I prefer your candid shots of her though. You really do a great job with that camera Nik. I still love that pic of Kristy in her red shoes and guitar. The comp in that pic is unbelievable. Anyway, super cute with the pink. SUPER cute.

Erin said...

oh my gosh nikki...my mouth is seriously wide open. i lOVE the tutu and then the photo shoot?! she is amazingly photogenic. so fun. (i laughed at the "we never do anything fun" comment...) you sure did this weekend!

The Pereira Family said...

Darling! The end.

The Blowey Bunch said...

th bow is ginormous and amazing lol... kudos to keeping it on the head Kehnley would have ripped that thing off before the first shot!! I love the pink, some of her expressions were very "bad to the bone, wild women wear pink" lol. She is so photogenic i agree with Erin! Great photos

Keri

KF said...

okay so you've officially joined the somewhat lame and pathetic parent club if you think going to do a photo shoot is stepping out of the box for a FUN afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to our "WACKY" world- what's next??--an afternoon of childproofing and making purees to freeze. We are SO CRAZY.

Props on the tutu- maybe we should put Ben in it when we come and let Daniel freak out. UHHH- smooch her all over for me!!!