new

Friday, February 15, 2008

Contrary to what this looks like, my daughter really does like me.




Is it weird or somehow wrong that I laugh so hard when Eleanor cries like this? I just think it's hilarious. This is her pouty, "I'm sick of you people bothering me" cry, and she loves to bring it out when she's tired of us kissing her. Which sort of happens a lot. The kissing. And I guess the crying too. She better get used to it, cause it ain't stopping. It ain't even slowing down. At all.


Here's a few more pictures we've taken.

She has started to smile a lot, but it's been hard to get a good picture of a smile. As soon as she sees the camera, she just sort of stares at it, kind of emotionless.

Elle is always a hppy girl right before bath time. She can be crying her head off, and the second we walk into that bathroom, she's content. She and Nikki pose in front of the mirror.

This is another example of how her cries crack me up. I put her in this whatever-you-call-this-weird-thing and she's clearly not ready for it. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but her legs are dangling, and you can see her right hand sticking out the leg opening. Not an orthodox sitting position, but hilarious nonetheless.

5 comments:

The Pereira Family said...

I love it when pictures make me laugh....and these certainly did the trick. Love you guys!

KF said...

Every time we say "NO" to Ben in a firm voice (like when he's throwing ALL of his dinner onto the floor, or when he crawls to the top of the toilet and hangs on the towel bar, or when he get into the cupboards and crawls in with the rice maker...you get the picture)- he clearly understands NO means he's doing something wrong because he puffs that bottom lip out just like Elle as if it is the end of the world. He wails and wails- only with NO, not with any other negative word....this could become a problem later on, right?! Do you know what we do??? LAUGH OUR HEADS OFF- we totally get the laugh at the crying baby thing.... :-)

White Bird Press said...

She has gotten so big!! She's beautiful you guys! We ae in the market for a new camera ourselves... any suggestions?! Blessings~ *Keri,Bry & Kehnley*

Erin said...

she is beautiful, guys. you both seem to be embracing parenthood so wonderfully...it's really inspiring :)

Summers said...

These pictures make me SMILE SO BIG. She is just about the cutest thing. Notice I said just about. : ) I gotta be loyal. But it is a VERY close race I must say. It is a good thing we don't live in Waco, cause I might stalk you and your precious baby just to be around her and that adorable little face. have a great weekend!