new

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Question: Is my daughter here yet? Answer: No. No, she is not.






So unfortunately, Eleanor is not here yet. We went to the doctor last Wednesday, and he said that he'd be surprised if we made it to next Wednesday without having the baby. So that's good news, but Nikki is till miserably uncomfortable.


Our wonderful friend Erin made us these wooden letters for Eleanor's wall that Nikki and I are in love with. Especially Nikki. The letters are from some website where you can submit any font and size you like, and they cut letters for you. I think you can order them painted different colors, but Erin got them blank and painted all these designs on them herself. Can you believe this? Seriously, this is a literal question: can you believe this? You should have seen Nikki when the letters arrived. She hasn't been that excited since we found out we were pregnant. They are easily Nikki's favorite thing in the room. Occassionally, she'll randomly get up to go into the room, and say to me, "I think I'm going to go look at the letters" in this squeaky, giggly I'm-a-fifth-grader-who-just-met-Jordon-from-the-new-kids-on-the-block voice. Last week, we were driving home from a bed & breakfast weekend in Salado, and as we drove home Sunday morning, she said, "I can't wait to see the letters." They are that good. Pictures attached, but the pictures don't do them justice. If you live within 250 miles of Waco, come see them. On second thought, maybe you should wait till Eleanor comes so you can see her too.







7 comments:

Stephanie & Scott said...

super super super job j-rhodes! LOVE the post ---- the pictures (i.e. the letters) are TRULY awesome. i love them! eleanor is such a lucky girl. ...can't wait to meet her.

Erin said...

wow...what an extremely generous description! this really blessed me - thank you guys so much. it was an absolute PLEASURE to create them, and i'm so thrilled you guys enjoy them. i about died laughing with the whole "i'm going to go by the room and look at the letters" thing...so sweet.

praying my phone will ring soon :),
erin

Beth said...

So sorry that you are so miserable Nikki...it'll all be over soon. I think about you daily...literally...I check your blog and wonder...Sooooo needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I read the entry. I do love the room and the letters are beautiful. Keep us posted!
Love you guys!

Angel2 said...

Ummm... first of all, the letters ARE HOT! I would be giddy, too!

Secondly, Jared forwarded me the site with pics of your precious daughter, and she is gorgeous! Isn't it the best thing in the whole world?! Congrats! I'm glad to hear mom and baby are doing so well. Post her pics- I know you guys don't have anything else to do! ;-)

18 days until we get to meet Caleb! Angel2

Oh, they are some way cute pics of Savannah on my site that you have to see- she is so big!!!

Summers said...

Love the letters....We must come see them..and see your beautiful girl too! So happy for you! Enjoy these days...they are so precious and few. Stop singing the song...I couldn't help it. That really is what they are!!

Erin said...

okay, so i know you're both exhausted and up every few hours changing diapers and feeding eleanor, but I'M DYING HERE!!! please update and let us know what's happening (other than the aforementioned activities) :)

phuong said...

This is the absolute most hippest and coolest nursery I have ever seen! Love the colors and the design!